Who we are
We are the Bogale Family – Fasil, Sally and little Willow. We love coffee. And we are doing our best to cross the ‘Green Bridge’ to a more sustainable lifestyle. Combining these two passions, in 2016 we decided to start roasting high quality organic coffee from around the world and sell it at affordable prices, so that more people (including ourselves!) can enjoy chemical-free, delicious, sustainably-produced coffee. And boy does our coffee taste delicious… 🙂
A world where all human societies have crossed the ‘Green Bridge’ to sustainable lifestyles, where all the products we consume are grown in harmony with nature.
To help in our own little way to build the ‘Green Bridge’ to a more sustainable way of life, by selling delicious, high quality and affordable organic coffee from across the World. We support organic producers, ethical consumption, and the local economy.
- We promote only organic products
- We buy all our products as directly from the producer as possible
- We either use Fair Trade products or products where the cooperatives clearly protect producer rights
- We make our products as affordable as possible for our customers
- We commit to high quality products
- We use our marketing materials to promote sustainable consumption
- We aim to provide a safe, fun and inspiring work environment
Green Bridge Organics and COVID-19
Green Bridge Organics is committed to keeping our staff, our customers, our friends and family, and our community safe.
We are ensuring that we follow all government guidelines regarding Covid-19 safety measures in processing, packaging and sending our goods.
As more people return to working out of their offices, we are following the procedures currently in place for working in the Hive.
The Scottish Government guidance for organisations and how to ensure safer workplaces is available via this link, and is the basis for our own decision-making and requests outlined below.
As a minimum the government expects: training & compliance, risk assessment and workforce planning and support. More details about these areas can be found in the document, linked to above.
Precautions we are taking in the Green Bridge Organics Roastery:
• Only the 2 co-owners of Green Bridge Organics in our roastery at any one time, and any essential visitors must maintain a 1m distance and where PPE/mask.
• Washing hands or the use of hand sanitiser as per official guidance when entering
and leaving the building and office.
• Ensure the office is well ventilated
• We enter the Hive main building only for essential matters (eg. Collecting printed sheets) and bring in and use own cutlery and crockery for lunches and refreshments
• Office being cleaned on a weekly basis
• No meetings occurring in small indoor spaces. All external meetings occurring outdoors.
• Wiping down and sanitising shared surfaces & equipment regularly
• Avoiding using shared equipment where possible
• Regular reviews of sector guidelines and carrying out specific risk assessments for all individual events and projects.
The current shared guidelines of the Hive main building can be found here and posted on the walls and doors of the Hive main building.